The World’s Ugliest Buildings: 21 photos of the ugliest buildings in the world
More than once before we have discussed the world’s most beautiful and most eccentric buildings but this time we are talking about the ugliest ones.
Surely beauty and ugliness are relative concepts. Every person has their own way of seeing things as David Hume said,” Beauty is no quality in things themselves: it exists merely in the mind which contemplates them”. Next we are going to see a group of photos published on the Telegraph website as being of “The Ugliest World’s Buildings”.
21. The Observation Tower in London Olympic Park:
It is completely incomprehensible and its inconsistent colors make it look as if it was made of recycled materials.
20. The Verizon Building inNew York City:
19. Aldar headquarters building inAbu Dhabi:
I don’t think this one is ugly either. I actually saw it and it seemed very distinguished and fascinating.
18. The Longaberger Basket Company building inOhio,USA:
When the company’s name is “Longaberger Basket” the designer is excused for such design.
17. The ŽižkovTelevisionTowerinCzechRepublic:
I like this building.
16. Ponte City Apartments (a residential building) inJohannesburg,South Africa:
It looks like Hotel Sofitel El Gezirah building inCairo,Egypt.
15. Strata SE1 in,London:
This is not so bad either. What do you think?
14. The National Library ofBelarus.
13. Grand Lisboa Hotel inMacau: Bizarre!
12. The Slovak Radio Building inSlovakia:
It looks like the Ministry of Interior building inSaudi Arabiathough I think the latter is less ugly.
11. The Elephant Building Bangkok.
10. The SIS Building in London,
also known as the MI6 Building, the headquarters of the British Secret Intelligence Service. It looks like a fortified castle.
9. The Mirador Building Madrid.
8. TheFederation SquareinMelbourne,Australia.
7. The Metropolitan Cathedral inLiverpool.
6. The Russian embassy inHavana,Cuba:
It should be put on top of this list.
5. TheToursAillaud inParis.
3. The National Library in Kosovo.
2. The Ryugyong hotel inNorth Korea.
1. The Torre Velasca building inItaly.
As I said before, some of these buildings should not actually be considered ugly not to say The Ugliest in The World. If we were to make our own list, would you have a building to suggest?